Commitment is something that people sometimes forget about when it comes to exercise. You have to commit to truly making exercise a part of your life if you want to see the results that will ultimately change your life. Results do not come easy. Results do not come fast. You have to be a stay committed to truly see what a program like CrossFit can do for your life and body.
I remember when a new Planet Fitness opened in our town and I saw this Billboard that said “$10 a Month. No Commitments.” We were like really! WTF!? This place truly just wants as many people as possible to sign a contract for 2 years paying $10 a month and never come to the gym. Imagine if one day all of Planet Fitness’ clients showed up to work out. They would be closed for over occupancy.
Jim and I wanted to make a CrossFit Havoc Billboard that said “$100 a Month. 100% Commitment.” You see we truly want every person that is a member of our gym to come to the gym at least 3 times a week and bust their butts when they are there.
Keys to success in a CrossFit Gym:
- Come to the gym at least 3-4 times a week
- Come to the gym when you are sore
- Come to the gym when you feel good
- Come to the gym when something hurts…we can find something else for you to do. 🙂
- Come to the gym when the Workout of the Day has no movements you know.
- Come to the gym when you know the Workout will be a true challenge for you.
- Come to the gym for not one month or two months, but for 6 months to a year
- Come to the gym AFTER you achieve the results you want because you can always improve your time on a workout or lift more weight
- When a movement starts to feel easy…. make it harder, get a smaller band or make the weight heavier. Don’t wait for your coach to tell you to make things harder. You know how you feel.
The thing about CrossFit is you can never stop improving. There are always skills that you can improve or areas you can become stronger in. The combination of movements is ever changing so your body will not adapt to the exercise. For example if you start to run a mile everyday for a month you will see results from it. If you continue to just run a mile on your second month of exercise your body will adapt to it and you will no longer see results. You would have to run longer, faster or carry some weights while you run. CrossFit is different in that way and because of the constantly varied movements you will always continue to see results. If you put in the work and continue to put in the work. You will continue to see results.
I think this is my first rant….. Jim really is wearing off on me.
So what I did in the gym:
1. Row 600 Meters
2. Front Squat: EMOTM for 5 Min 2 Reps @ 120 lbs Then E30S for 5 Min 2 Reps @ 120 lbs
Trying to go a little bit lighter on my squats and work more on speed as I am coming up on two Competitions next month…. both exciting and scary!
EMOTM for 10 Min: 3 Power cleans @ 95 lbs (touch and go) , 5 Kipping HSPU
1. Overhead Squat: 3 x 10 @ 85 lbs
2. 5 Rounds for time: (8:47)
5 Power Snatch @ 85 lbs, 10 GHD Sit ups, 20 Double Unders ( all unbroken )
1. Row 800 Meters
2. Strict Press: 5 x 2 @ 80 lbs
3. Complex: 2 Push Press + 2 Push Jerk ( I never Push Jerk so decided to give these a try )
85, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130(missed last jerk)
4. Kind of for Time: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (13:39- this is a hard one to do as fast as possible cause you have to wait to make sure you will not miss any reps)
Muscle Ups, Squat Clean @ 130 lbs
Here is a Video of my Push Press and Push Jerk Complex: